An easy one pot recipe combining ground beef, rice and cinnamon.
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion chopped
1 carrot diced
1 garlic clove crushed
500g minced beef
1 tsp cinnamon
11/2 cup long grain rice
3 cup chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper to taste
Plain yoghurt to serve
1. Heat oil in a wok or deep pot (make sure it has well fitting lid).
2. Add onion, carrot and garlic to pan and stir fry for 3 to 4 mins.
3. Add minced beef and cinnamon and cook stirring until beef is browned.
4. Add rice and stir to combine.
5. Add stock, cover and cook 20 mins until stock is absorbed and rice is cooked, stir in peas a few mins before cooking time is finished....season to taste.
6. Serve with a dollop of plain yoghurt.