1 1⁄2 cups (210g) plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarb soda
125 g unsalted butter, softened and chopped
1 cup (250g) brown sugar
3 very ripe bananas
100ml buttermilk (or milk with a 2 t lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C. Line medium loaf or square tin with baking paper.
- Put bananas and eggs in food processor and lightly pulse.
- Add other ingredients and pulse til just smooth (don’t over process).
- Bake in oven for about 55-60 minutes. A skewer inserted in the cake should come out clean.
- Ice with lemon icing.
1 c pure icing sugar sifted
1 t butter softened
1-2 T lemon juice
- Blend icing sugar and soft butter.
- Mix in enough lemon juice to make the desired consistency of icing
Tip: If bananas in fruit bowl are turning blotchy and soft, put straight in freezer rather than the rubbish. When ready to make cake or smoothie, remove and either slice (blackened) peel off, or wait for it to defrost and slide squishy banana out of peel.